Information relating to Coronavirus
We will keep this page updated with any relevant information as regards our business and how it may effect our customers.
You should check the latest public health advice on coronavirus before you travel, or if you’ve just arrived in the UK.
In addition the Visit Scotland site contains further specific information relating to tourism https://www.visitscotland.com/about/practical-information/covid-19-recovery-phases/
The company will continue to trade as normally as possible within Government guidelines and regulations during the corona virus period. We are still taking bookings for 2021 and have plans in place that will allow the business to continue to run with the minimum of disruption.
Existing and New Bookings Policy
We are committed to providing fulfilment on all bookings. We are making the following changes to Terms and Conditions to provide extra financial security to our customers as far as we can.
1. The remainder of any due balance of hire amounts is now reduced to 2 weeks prior to driving (previously 6 weeks)
2. In all cases whereby hirers are unable to travel due to regulatory restriction we will look individually and sympathetically at each case. We are offering re-bookings where appropriate and intend to make sure that all existing bookings are honoured. When looking at interrupted bookings consideration will be given to date of booking and or cancellation as the hirer must accept some risk in their actions . Cancellations where the opportunity to re-let dates is diminished will be treated according to how much choice or warning of travel restriction was in effect.
We will always be fair and flexible in our offer and we ask the same in return.
We always recommend secondary travel insurance however new policies will have coronavirus claims specifically excluded. Hirers must satisfy themselves as to the suitability of travel insurance for their needs.
Extra Vehicle Preparation Changes
New procedures with regard vehicle preparation will be introduced. These will be:
- A 48 hour gap between hire
- Equivalent of deep clean after each hire. Disinfectants will be used on surfaces within the vehicle.
- Any bedding materials supplied with the hire will be commercially laundered and a gap of at least 72 hours before they become available again.
- Vehicle handovers will be conducted within best practise guidelines
We will continue to operate our business with the advised changes. We have always made sure that our offer exceeded expectations and we take customer care and customer satisfaction very seriously in everything we do.